Implant-Supported Dentures: Benefits & Facts
Implant-supported dentures are becoming an increasingly more popular solution for a wide variety of patients. Essentially, they are over-dentures which are secured to your gums through the utilization of mini implants. This is a comfortable, durable and functional solution, and also one which is aesthetically pleasing and natural.
The process of using implant-supported dentures is straightforward. A series of mini implants are placed into the jaw, held in place by the bone itself.
On the dentures, attachments are placed to connect to the implants, easily snapping and locking. The dentures can be put into place quickly, and will be entirely stable and secure, allowing you to say goodbye to loose-fitting and uncomfortable dentures and other associated issues.
There are a few key benefits of implant-supported dentures, including:
- Increased confidence in dentures, knowing they're secure. Smile, talk, laugh and eat in public without anxiety or fear.
- Increased comfort levels due to secure fit, and reduced irritation and pain which can be associated with traditional dentures.
- More natural appearance using less plastic means a natural, aesthetically pleasing look which also prevents jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- Get rid of speech issues associated with traditional dentures, such as clicking noises or slurred speech. Implant-supported dentures fit perfectly and are secure, enabling you to speak naturally and comfortably.
- No denture adhesives, and little need for ongoing maintenance.
Implant-supported dentures are a high quality, comfortable and highly beneficial solution! Call the Signature Smiles team today to get started with your new implant-supported dentures today.