Tags: Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers offer natural looking treatment for addressing a wide range of dental imperfections, making it possible to enjoy a flawless smile in as little as two dental appointments.
At Signature Smiles, Drs. Cristin Dowd and Ken Wu provide porcelain veneers for small or misshapen teeth to our patients in the Woodinville, WA area. If you would like to find out if you're a candidate for porcelain veneers, we invite you to schedule a consultation.
What Causes Small or Misshapen Teeth?
There are a number of reasons why the teeth may appear small or misshapen. Some common causes include:
- Genetics: Genetics are one of the most common reasons the teeth may be small or misshapen. Genetics are likely the cause when small or irregularly shaped teeth run in the family.
- Injury: Another cause of small or misshaped teeth is injury. Injuring the teeth can cause chips or breaks, decreasing the size of the teeth or causing them to appear jagged and misshapen.
- Teeth grinding: The friction of teeth grinding, or bruxism, can wear the teeth down over time if it goes untreated. In severe cases, the teeth may become so worn down that they appear smaller.
Treating Small or Misshapen Teeth with Porcelain Veneers
When treating teeth that are small or misshapen, porcelain veneers will be made to the desired size and shape. This is done by preparing the teeth for veneer placement and taking impressions of the teeth being treated.
To prepare the teeth, a very small layer of enamel is removed to allow the veneers to sit flush against the teeth. Impressions are taken and then sent to a lab where the veneers are customized to exacting specifications.
While the veneers are fabricated, temporary veneers will be placed. Once the custom veneers are ready, a final appointment will be made, at which time the temporary veneers will be removed and the finished veneers will be bonded to the teeth, completely transforming the smile.
Why Choose Porcelain Veneers for Small or Misshapen Teeth?
Porcelain veneers are custom-made, tooth-shaped shells that adhere to the front surface of the teeth, transforming the shape, size, and overall appearance of flawed teeth.
Because porcelain veneers are customized to the unique needs of each patient, they make an exceptional treatment option for those seeking to improve the size and shape of their teeth.
Some other reasons to consider porcelain veneers for small or misshapen teeth include:
- Porcelain veneers look and feel natural: Porcelain veneers look and feel like the natural teeth.
- Treatment is fast: Porcelain veneer treatment is fast and can be completed in about two dental appointments.
- Porcelain veneers are long lasting and durable: Porcelain veneers can last well over ten years with proper care and maintenance, which is about as easy as caring for your natural teeth.
- Treating tooth size and shape can relieve bite issues: Teeth that are undersized or misshapen can lead to bite issues, which can strain the jaw.
Are Porcelain Veneers Right for You?
For more information about porcelain veneers, or to find out if they are right for you, please call (425) 489-1177 to schedule a consultation at Signature Smiles.